Thursday, September 30, 2010

Engaged? Nahhh.

Sooo...I have some 'splaining to do, and I do realize there are several people who want to kick my butt for this =P
One night while I was eating dinner with some friends, one of my friends, Tiana, came over and somehow we started talking about changed relationship statuses on Facebook and stuff like that, and she told me how one time she changed her status to engaged...and that got me wondering, if I were to change my relationship status to engaged 1) How many people would think it's legit and 2) How long would it take for people to begin responding?

Here are my findings-
Most people will take whatever is put on Facebook as true fact; I'm not bashing on anyone, because chances are I'd believe something like that just the same. I had a couple of friends that know me way too well and called out my BS just cause they knew if something was going on, they'd have known about it sooner than the Facebook world and stuff like that.
It took seriously less than a second for people to respond. In the time it took to hit "save information" and then go to my home page, I had already received comments on the post with questions about it.

It was very interesting to see peoples reactions to things such as that, or at least I find them interesting. But hey, that's probably why I'm a Sociology major [: Some people reacted with surprise, some confusion, and others with tons of questions, it was interesting.

But other than that, it was all in good fun. No offense to anyone was intended, and thanks to my good friend Josh for being willing to help me out, along with a couple other friends who played along [:

After this little experiment, though, I'm not so sure how likely I will be to post on my Facebook when/if I really do get engaged, it was a tad overwhelming at first haha.

Side note: SUU RED OUT VOLLEYBALL GAME TONIGHT!!! I'm freaking excited :D
Let's go T-Birds!!!

4 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT!!!! psst**** next time you want to trick one of your really really close friends have him change his status from single ;) (what can i say i would be a good detective) your a turd by the way :) love you tons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahahahah of course Britt!!!! Love you too!! (ps, you will know before I post it on Facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! I made it into someone's blog! :) and yeah.. i creepy stalked ur facebook and found this.. :) -Tiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha yay!!! Tiana, you're too cool my friend! [[:

    ReplyDelete